Near Hockley in Waller County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Macedonia Methodist Church
Organized in 1892 by the Rev. W. C. Bracewell, circuit rider. Early services were held in McPherson School. In 1893 first church was built by men of community. Bill Page donated land. The present structure was erected in 1946, using same plan as 1893 church.
Erected 1970 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 9397.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1892.
Location. 30° 6.81′ N, 95° 49.502′ W. Marker is near Hockley, Texas, in Waller County. Marker is on Macedonia Road, 0.2 miles north of Magnolia Road, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 23391 Macedonia Road, Hockley TX 77447, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Springer-Macedonia Cemetery (approx. 0.6 miles away); Samuel McCarley Homesite (approx. 3.2 miles away); Abraham Roberts Homesite (approx. 4½ miles away); Site of New Kentucky (approx. 4½ miles away); Kleb Family House (approx. Fields Store Cemetery (approx. 6.8 miles away); Field's Store Community (approx. 6.9 miles away); Site of South Texas Baptist College (approx. 7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hockley.
Credits. This page was last revised on March 22, 2021. It was originally submitted on March 21, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 127 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 22, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.