Youngstown in Mahoning County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Forest Lawn Memorial Park
Where the memory of beautiful lives will be kept beautiful Always
| | The Little Church at Forest Lawn Dedicated Memorial Day 1936 | |
National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of the Interior, SG100003244, listed 12/18/2018.
Erected 2019.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Cemeteries & Burial Sites. A significant historical year for this entry is 1930.
Location. 41° 2.588′ N, 80° 39.797′ W. Marker is in Youngstown, Ohio, in Mahoning County. It is on Market Street (Ohio Route 7) south of Erskine Avenue, on the right when traveling south. It is streetside at the gatehouse on the main entrance to the cemetery. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 5400 Market St, Youngstown OH 44512, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Regionally, this marker is in Ohio’s Western Reserve and in the Mahoning Valley. It is also in the American Midwest. Globally, it is in North America, the Western Hemisphere, the Western World, and the Anglosphere. Historically, it finds itself in
what was once the Haudenosaunee (Iroquois) Confederacy, the territory of the Mississippian Culture, and the Northwest Territory.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies: Road of Remembrance Monument (a few steps from this marker); Forest Glen Estates Historic District (approx. 0.7 miles away); Road of Remembrance (approx. 0.7 miles away); Freedom Over Slavery (approx. 0.7 miles away); Newport Village Historic District (approx. 0.8 miles away); St. James Episcopal Church (approx. 1½ miles away); The History of Poland (approx. 2.9 miles away); Peterson Park and Clock Tower (approx. 2.9 miles away).

Photographed by J. J. Prats, March 22, 2021
4. Front Gate Tablets
“This property has been placed on the National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of the Interior.” and “Mill Creek Memorial Park Association. Incorporated 1930. Trustees: R F Book • D T Peters • P M Ludt • E M McBride. Architects: Dunn & Cooper. Builders: Felix Pesa & Sons.

Photographed by J. J. Prats, March 22, 2021
7. Back Entrance, on Glenwood Avenue
The William G. Pomeroy Foundation NRHP marker is on the left. Signs on the right post read, “No Dogs, No Bicycles” and “No Thoroughfare.” Sign on the left post reads, “Beware. Under Ohio law, the theft or damage of cemetery property can result in imprisonment for up to 5 years, and fines of 2,500.00 dollars. This cemetery is patrolled.”
Credits. This page was last revised on March 25, 2021. It was originally submitted on March 24, 2021, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. This page has been viewed 572 times since then and 54 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. submitted on March 24, 2021, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio.





