McKinney in Collin County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
This house was built in 1915 by George W. and Lula Fox. George Fox, the descendant of one of Collin County's pioneer families, was a local realtor and county official. Prominent local citizens Gibson and Goldie Caldwell purchased the house in 1922. Its asymmetrical Prairie School style features a strong hipped roof line with deep eaves, boxed ornamental rafters, and a wraparound porch whose columns and eaves repeat the rhythm of the upper level.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1994
Erected 1994 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 6158.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Architecture. A significant historical year for this entry is 1915.
Location. 33° 12.005′ N, 96° 37.265′ W. Marker is in McKinney, Texas, in Collin County. Marker is at the intersection of North College Street and West Logan Street, on the left when traveling north on North College Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: McKinney TX 75069, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. John S. and Rachel W. Heard House (a few steps from this marker); Charles P. and Sallie G. Heard HomeJ.D. Stiff Home (about 300 feet away); Saint Peter’s Episcopal Church (about 300 feet away); Aron-Harris House (about 400 feet away); Burton House (about 500 feet away); E.A. Newsome House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Dr. William Taylor Hoard House (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in McKinney.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 11, 2021. It was originally submitted on April 9, 2021, by Jesse Nelsen of Farmersville, Texas. This page has been viewed 26 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 9, 2021, by Jesse Nelsen of Farmersville, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.