McKinney in Collin County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
William B. Largent House
North Carolina-born William B. Largent (1840-1896) came to Collin county with his parents in 1854. He later prospered as a livestock trader and lumber merchant. In 1876 he hauled building materials overland from Jefferson to erect this Victorian residence with its ornate veranda. Here Largent and his wife Rosa (Wood) raised their family of 9 children. The original second floor of the house, flanked by twin towers, was destroyed in a 1935 fire.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1977
Erected 1977 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 6172.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Architecture. A significant historical year for this entry is 1854.
Location. 33° 11.789′ N, 96° 37.376′ W. Marker is in McKinney, Texas, in Collin County. Marker is at the intersection of South Bradley Street and West Largent Street, on the left when traveling north on South Bradley Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: McKinney TX 75069, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Barnes-Largent House (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Howell HouseL. A. Scott Home (about 700 feet away); John Martin House (about 700 feet away); E.A. Newsome House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Davis House (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Beverly-Harris House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Aron-Harris House (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in McKinney.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 11, 2021. It was originally submitted on April 9, 2021, by Jesse Nelsen of Farmersville, Texas. This page has been viewed 26 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 9, 2021, by Jesse Nelsen of Farmersville, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.