Mexico in Oswego County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Site of school since ca. 1820. Incorporated as the Rensselaer Oswego Academy in 1826. Name changed to the Mexico Academy in 1845.
Erected 2012 by William G. Pomeroy Foundation.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. A significant historical year for this entry is 1820.
Location. 43° 27.596′ N, 76° 14.099′ W. Marker is in Mexico, New York, in Oswego County. Marker is on Main Street (New York State Route 104) near Wayne Street, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3338 Main Street, Mexico NY 13114, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Starr Clark Tin Shop (approx. 0.3 miles away); Alfred House (approx. half a mile away); Audrey Munson (approx. 4.2 miles away); Historic Church (approx. 4.3 miles away); M-60A1 Patton Tank (approx. 4.4 miles away); Silas Towne (approx. 4˝ miles away); Dempster Grove (approx. 4.7 miles away); John Holmes (approx. 6.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mexico.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 19, 2021. It was originally submitted on April 12, 2021, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. This page has been viewed 29 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 12, 2021, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.