Mexico in Oswego County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Ca. 1807 frame and plank house. Early church, school, and Masonic meetings were held in the house owned & built by Shubal & Lucinda Alfred.
Erected 2012 by William G. Pomeroy Foundation.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1807.
Location. 43° 27.689′ N, 76° 14.683′ W. Marker is in Mexico, New York, in Oswego County. Marker is on Route 104 0.1 miles west of County Route 64, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3431 NY-104, Mexico NY 13114, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Academy (approx. half a mile away); Starr Clark Tin Shop (approx. 0.8 miles away); Audrey Munson (approx. 3.7 miles away); Historic Church (approx. 3.8 miles away); M-60A1 Patton Tank (approx. 3.9 miles away); Dempster Grove (approx. 4.2 miles away); Silas Towne (approx. 4.3 miles away); John Holmes (approx. 7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mexico.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 19, 2021. It was originally submitted on April 13, 2021, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. This page has been viewed 30 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 13, 2021, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.