Morrilton in Conway County, Arkansas — The American South (West South Central)
These stones memorialize Old Lewisburg .
First trading post of Conway County .
Established 1825 by Stephen D. Lewis .
Made county seat 1831 to 1850
again 1873 to 1884 .
Incorporated 1844 .
Erected 1937 by Lewisburg H.D. Club.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Political Subdivisions. A significant historical year for this entry is 1825.
Location. 35° 8.525′ N, 92° 44.148′ W. Marker is in Morrilton, Arkansas, in Conway County. Marker is at the intersection of South Bridge Street (Arkansas Route 9) and East Burrow Street, on the right when traveling west on South Bridge Street. Located in the Lewisburg Cemetery. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Morrilton AR 72110, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Lewisburg in the Civil War (within shouting distance of this marker); Conway County in the Civil War / Murder of John Clayton (approx. 4.2 miles away); Perry County Court House (approx. 10.2 miles away); Perry County in the Civil WarCity of Perryville (approx. 10.3 miles away); Cadron in the Civil War (approx. 11.1 miles away); "Trail of Tears" (approx. 11.1 miles away); Cherokee Memorial (approx. 11.1 miles away).
Also see . . . Encyclopedia of Arkansas on Lewisburg as a former town in Conway County. (Submitted on April 13, 2021, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Credits. This page was last revised on April 13, 2021. It was originally submitted on April 13, 2021, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 50 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 13, 2021, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.