Sevierville in Sevier County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
Forks of Little Pigeon Church
100 yards N.E. this Baptist Church, established 1789, was reportedly the first of any denomination in Sevier County. Spencer Clack, a Revolutionary veteran, was first church clerk; Richard Wood first pastor until his death in 1831. The church has moved to new location; the old cemetery remains.
Erected by Tennessee Historical Commission. (Marker Number 1C 14.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Cemeteries & Burial Sites. In addition, it is included in the Tennessee Historical Commission series list.
Location. 35° 52.154′ N, 83° 33.74′ W. Marker is in Sevierville, Tennessee, in Sevier County. Marker is on Emert Ave.. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Sevierville TN 37876, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Forks of The River Cemetery Park (here, next to this marker); Forks of the Little Pigeon Cemetery (here, next to this marker); James McMahan (approx. 0.2 miles away); Isaac Thomas (approx. 0.2 miles away); Timothy Reagan (approx. 0.2 miles away); Thomas Atchley (approx. 0.2 miles away); Sevierville (approx. 0.2 miles away); James Crawford Murphy (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sevierville.
Also see . . . Our Story. (Submitted on June 19, 2018, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.)
Credits. This page was last revised on July 26, 2019. It was originally submitted on March 16, 2009, by Stanley and Terrie Howard of Greer, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 952 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on March 16, 2009, by Stanley and Terrie Howard of Greer, South Carolina. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.