McKinney in Collin County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Law Office of James W. Throckmorton
Texas Governor (1866-1867). Front remodeled but interior unchanged.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1966
Erected 1966 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 6216.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Government & Politics. A significant historical year for this entry is 1966.
Location. 33° 11.829′ N, 96° 36.966′ W. Marker is in McKinney, Texas, in Collin County. Marker is on West Louisiana Street west of North Wood Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: McKinney TX 75069, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 1927 Collin County Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Collin County Prison (within shouting distance of this marker); Collin County (within shouting distance of this marker); Crouch-Perkins House (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Texas American Bank/McKinney N. A. (about 700 feet away); Heard-Craig House (about 800 feet away); James Waller Thomas House1911 McKinney Post Office (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in McKinney.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 18, 2021. It was originally submitted on April 14, 2021, by Jesse Nelsen of Farmersville, Texas. This page has been viewed 34 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 14, 2021, by Jesse Nelsen of Farmersville, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.