Teague in Freestone County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
John F. Wallace House
Pharmacist John F. Wallace (1861-1966) moved to Teague in 1908. He lived at this address as early as 1912 and built this house for his family about 1928. John F. Wallace represented Freestone County in the Texas House of Representatives from 1921 to 1930 and was later appointed to the State Board of Control for three terms. The "Tudor Revival" style home features a high-pitched front gable and a gabled central entry vestibule.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1987
Erected 1987 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9910.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Architecture. A significant historical year for this entry is 1908.
Location. 31° 37.59′ N, 96° 16.679′ W. Marker is in Teague, Texas, in Freestone County. Marker is at the intersection of South 9th Street and East Main Street (Business U.S. 84), on the left when traveling south on South 9th Street. The marker is located in front of the house by the sidewalk. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 101 South 9th Street, Teague TX 75860, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured First Baptist Church of Teague (approx. ¼ mile away); The Dr. Emmet Headlee House (approx. ¼ mile away); The “Boll Weevil” Railway (approx. 0.4 miles away); Town of Teague (approx. 0.4 miles away); Llewellyn Notley (approx. 1.2 miles away); William Rufus Boyd, Jr. (approx. 1.2 miles away); Captain Richard B. Haley (approx. 3.8 miles away); Salem Predestinarian Baptist Church and Cemetery (approx. 3.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Teague.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 21, 2021. It was originally submitted on April 21, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 26 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 21, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.