Huntingburg in Dubois County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Huntingburg Town Hall and Fire Engine House
National Register of
Historic Places by the
Department of the Interior
May 12, 1975
Henry Mursinna, Architect
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1887.
Location. 38° 17.716′ N, 86° 57.423′ W. Marker is in Huntingburg, Indiana, in Dubois County. Marker is on North Geiger Street just north of Market Street, on the right when traveling north. Marker is mounted at eye-level, directly on the subject building, just to the left of the front entrance. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 309 North Geiger Street, Huntingburg IN 47542, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Dubois County Honor Roll Memorial (approx. 6.8 miles away); Site of First Court House - School (approx. 6.8 miles away); Dubois County Civil War Memorial (approx. 6.8 miles away); Lincoln Boyhood Trails (approx. 12.3 miles away); Cabin Site Memorial (approx. 12.3 miles away); David Turnham (1803-1884)Thomas Lincoln Farm (approx. 12.4 miles away); Nancy Hanks Lincoln Grave (approx. 12.6 miles away).
Regarding Huntingburg Town Hall and Fire Engine House. National Register of Historic Places #75000016. Also a contributing property in the Huntingburg Commercial Historic District, NRHP #06000517.
Also see . . .
1. Huntingburg Town Hall and Fire Engine House (Wikipedia). Huntingburg Town Hall and Fire Engine House, also known as Old City Hall, was built in 1885–1886, and is a two-story, Victorian style brick building with a gable roof. It was built to serve multiple purposes and housed an opera house on the second floor. The building housed city offices until it was closed in 1971. (Submitted on April 23, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
2. Huntingburg Old Town Hall. This 1887 Italianate structure features authentic Victorian lighting, elongated windows, 14-inch brick walls, and the original tin ceiling. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, this building once served as a fire station and jail, and later as the focal point for the town’s social, cultural, and political events through the 1930s. (Submitted on April 23, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Credits. This page was last revised on April 23, 2021. It was originally submitted on April 21, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 37 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 23, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.