Randolph in Cattaraugus County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
est. February 1, 1826 from Town Of Conewango. Jeremiah York elected supervisor at first town meeting held March 7, 1826.
Erected 2020 by William G. Pomeroy Foundation. (Marker Number 767.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1826.
Location. 42° 9.761′ N, 78° 58.443′ W. Marker is in Randolph, New York, in Cattaraugus County. Marker is on Main Street (New York State Route 394) west of Weeden Road, on the right when traveling west. Located in front of the Randolph Municipal Building. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 72 Main Street, Randolph NY 14772, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. 1917 – 1918 (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Early Bank (about 700 feet away); Village Hall (about 700 feet away); Dow Library (approx. 0.2 miles away); Academy Hill (approx. 0.4 miles away); Evelynn M. Crandall (approx. 6˝ miles away); Gertrude A. WilliamsKennedy Mills (approx. 6.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Randolph.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 22, 2021. It was originally submitted on April 21, 2021, by Bruce Kelly of Perry, New York. This page has been viewed 55 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 21, 2021, by Bruce Kelly of Perry, New York. • Michael Herrick was the editor who published this page.