Randolph in Cattaraugus County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Est. 1909 by Albert G. Dow Jr. in memory of his father. Former library had large reading area & lecture hall. Gifted to village 1917.
Erected 2020 by William G. Pomeroy Foundation. (Marker Number 773.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Charity & Public Work. A significant historical year for this entry is 1909.
Location. 42° 9.77′ N, 78° 58.638′ W. Marker is in Randolph, New York, in Cattaraugus County. Marker is on Jamestown St (New York State Route 394) west of Main Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 28 Jamestown Street, Randolph NY 14772, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Village Hall (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Early Bank (about 400 feet away); 1917 – 1918 (about 500 feet away); Randolph (approx. 0.2 miles away); Academy Hill (approx. 0.6 miles away); Evelynn M. Crandall (approx. 6.3 miles away); Gertrude A. Williams (approx. 6.4 miles away); Kennedy Mills (approx. 6.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Randolph.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 26, 2021. It was originally submitted on April 22, 2021, by Bruce Kelly of Perry, New York. This page has been viewed 30 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 22, 2021, by Bruce Kelly of Perry, New York. • Michael Herrick was the editor who published this page.