Mason in Ingham County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Central Railroad, Saginaw Division.
It was opened November 24, 1902 Serving
this area for over 50 years.
Erected by Ingham County.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Railroads & Streetcars. A significant historical date for this entry is November 24, 1902.
Location. 42° 34.968′ N, 84° 26.896′ W. Marker is in Mason, Michigan, in Ingham County. Marker is at the intersection of Mason Street and Center Street, on the left when traveling north on Mason Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 111 Mason Street, Mason MI 48854, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Maple Grove Cemetery (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); In Honor of All Who Have Served (approx. 0.3 miles away); Mason State Bank (approx. 0.3 miles away); City of Mason (approx. 0.3 miles away); Ingham County Courthouse (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Pink School (approx. 0.4 miles away); Home of Lawton T. Hemans 1892-1916 John Rayner House (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mason.
More about this marker. The marker is outside the Mason Depot Diner
Also see . . . Station: Mason, MI. Historical photos of the Mason Depot (Submitted on April 24, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan.)
Credits. This page was last revised on April 24, 2021. It was originally submitted on April 24, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. This page has been viewed 105 times since then and 41 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 24, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. • Mark Hilton was the editor who published this page.