Eaton Rapids in Eaton County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
"The Saratoga of the West"
Erected 1975 by Michigan History Division, Department of State. (Marker Number L0360.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Parks & Recreational Areas • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Michigan Historical Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1869.
Location. 42° 30.762′ N, 84° 39.334′ W. Marker is in Eaton Rapids, Michigan, in Eaton County. Marker is at the intersection of South Main Street (Michigan Route 50) and East Knight Street, on the right when traveling north on South Main Street. Mounted to brick wall. Touch for map. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Island Park (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Austin Blair (approx. 0.2 miles away); Red Ribbon Hall (approx. 0.2 miles away); Eaton Rapids Community War Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Miller Dairy Farm No. 1 (approx. 0.7 miles away); Hamlin District No. 15 School (approx. 2˝ miles away); VFW National Home (approx. 3.7 miles away); VFW National Home For Children World War II Memorial (approx. 3.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Eaton Rapids.
Also see . . . Mineral Water. Excerpt:
During its peak demand, fourteen wells were drilled. Three wells remain today.(Submitted on April 26, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan.)
Credits. This page was last revised on April 26, 2021. It was originally submitted on April 26, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. This page has been viewed 30 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 26, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. • Mark Hilton was the editor who published this page.