Bridgewater Center in Williams County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
First Millstone Used in Mill
First millstone used in mill
Built 1844 west of bridge by Riley Parker Benjiman Vancourt and Richard Whittington
Also used in Waldenmeyer Mill 1852 one half mile east.
Wms. Co. Historical Society
Erected 1960 by Williams County Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1844.
Location. 41° 39.47′ N, 84° 37.872′ W. Marker is in Bridgewater Center, Ohio, in Williams County. Marker is at the intersection of County Route 10 and County Route P50, on the left when traveling north on County Route 10. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Montpelier OH 43543, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Pioneer Methodist Episcopal Church (approx. 4.3 miles away); Pioneer Veterans Memorial (approx. 4.3 miles away); Dr. Paul Allman Siple (approx. 5 miles away); Montpelier Town Hall (approx. 5 miles away); Gold and Blue Star Families (approx. Veterans Memorial Bench (approx. 5.1 miles away); Williams County Veterans Memorial (approx. 5.2 miles away); Paul Allman Siple (approx. 5.3 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on April 28, 2021. It was originally submitted on April 26, 2021, by TeamOHE of Wauseon, Ohio. This page has been viewed 29 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 26, 2021, by TeamOHE of Wauseon, Ohio. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.