Pioneer in Williams County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Pioneer Methodist Episcopal Church
Erected in 1879 and dedicated Feb. 1, 1880, this brick church replaced a smaller frame building on this site. It was used by the Methodists until 1975 and since September 1990 has been the Restoration Fellowship Church.
Erected 1991 by Williams County Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical month for this entry is October 1991.
Location. 41° 40.735′ N, 84° 33.217′ W. Marker is in Pioneer, Ohio, in Williams County. Marker is at the intersection of W. Church Street and South State Street, on the right when traveling east on W. Church Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Pioneer OH 43554, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Pioneer Veterans Memorial (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Millstone Used in Mill (approx. 4.3 miles away); Ransom Veterans Memorial (approx. 6.6 miles away in Michigan); Williams County Veterans Memorial (approx. 6.7 miles away); Veterans Memorial BenchDr. Paul Allman Siple (approx. 7 miles away); Montpelier Town Hall (approx. 7 miles away); Gold and Blue Star Families (approx. 7 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on April 28, 2021. It was originally submitted on April 26, 2021, by TeamOHE of Wauseon, Ohio. This page has been viewed 34 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 26, 2021, by TeamOHE of Wauseon, Ohio. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.