Boerne in Kendall County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Joseph Dienger Building
This limestone commercial structure was built for Joseph Dienger (1859-1950) shortly after he purchased the site in 1884. The ground floor housed his grocery and the second floor provided living quarters for his family. A later addition was used for the dry goods store of Dienger's sisters Lina and Louise. Owned by family members until 1967, the double galleried building features Victorian styling with German influences.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1980
Entered in the National Register of Historic Places 1984
Erected 1980 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 2857.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1884.
Location. 29° 47.667′ N, 98° 43.937′ W. Marker is in Boerne, Texas, in Kendall County. Marker is at the intersection of West Blanco Road and North Main Street (Business U.S. 87), on the right when traveling west on West Blanco Road. The marker is located on the side of the building. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 106 West Blanco Road, Boerne TX 78006, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 German Music in Boerne (within shouting distance of this marker); Ye Kendall Inn (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Kendall County Courthouse (about 500 feet away); Kendall County (about 500 feet away); Main Plaza (about 500 feet away); a different marker also named Ye Kendall Inn (about 500 feet away); Fabra Smokehouse (about 800 feet away); Kuhlmann-King House (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Boerne.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 26, 2021. It was originally submitted on April 26, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 37 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 26, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.