100 Acres of Virginia Timber
A living memorial to the Goll Family whose love of trees preserved this natural sanctuary through five generations. The forest is part of a 320-acre farm purchased in 1837 from the U.S. Government by Peter Goll, Sr. and sold in 1966 to the state of Ohio by his great-granddaughter, Mrs. Florence Goll Louys and her children to perpetuate our great natural heritage for posterity.
State funds for acquisition obtained through the assistance of state representatives William H. Rychener and Fred B. Hadley.
Erected by Stryker Chamber of Commerce in recognition of those who made the preservation of this Virgin Timber stand possible.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Horticulture & Forestry. In addition, it is included in the National Natural Landmarks series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1837.
Location. 41° 33.27′ N, 84° 21.673′ W. Marker is near Archbold, Ohio, in Fulton County. Marker is on County Road 26, 0.3 miles south of County Road F, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Archbold OH 43502, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 1, 2021. It was originally submitted on April 27, 2021, by Craig Doda of Napoleon, Ohio. This page has been viewed 143 times since then and 58 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on April 27, 2021, by Craig Doda of Napoleon, Ohio. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.