Madison in Madison County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
"The Dream House"
Built in 1849, it is 11 years younger than Madison. Mr. Nathan P. Williard owned the House, and established the second Cotton Mill in Florida. The property was conveyed to Mrs. George W. T. Brinson, to Dalsedia Sambert Bogue, to William S. Jordan and Parramore S. Coggins, to Blanche Jordan, to Thomas J. Beggs, to December 7, 1908.
The owners since the turn of the century are, likewise, people of prominence and cultural standing. Its recent good fortune in being restored by Dr. and Mrs. Maurice King.” Its present owners Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Beggs III.
—E. B. Browning Sr.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Industry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1849.
Location. 30° 28.224′ N, 83° 24.942′ W. Marker is in Madison, Florida, in Madison County. Marker is on Northwest Marion Street just east of Northwest Meeting Avenue Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 146 Northwest Marion Street, Madison FL 32340, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Wardlaw-Smith-Goza Conference Center (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Wardlaw-Smith House (about 300 feet away); Pioneer Hickstown Baptist Church (about 400 feet away); St. Mary's Episcopal Church (about 600 feet away); First Baptist Church 1898 Sanctuary (about 700 feet away); Dial-Goza House (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Four Freedoms Monument (approx. 0.2 miles away); Seminole Indian War Blockhouse (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Madison.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 1, 2021. It was originally submitted on May 1, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 352 times since then and 184 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 1, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.