Orland in Glenn County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Location of the first frame house in Glenn County. Erected in 1850 by Martin A. Reager and Andrew S.C. Cleek. A stopping place for oxen teams, mule freighters and river boats. Martin Reager farmed this land until 1864.
“Westward the course of empire takes its way.”
Erected 1970 by Capay Rancho Women's Club.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1850.
Location. 39° 47.803′ N, 122° 3.417′ W. Marker is in Orland, California, in Glenn County. Marker is at the intersection of 2nd Avenue and Cutting Avenue, on the left when traveling south on 2nd Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4995 2nd Ave, Orland CA 95963, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. William Semple Green (approx. half a mile away); Gianella Bridge (approx. 4.6 miles away); The Swift Adobe (approx. 7.9 miles away); Papst Flour Mill Site (approx. 8.1 miles away); William B. Ide’s Public ServiceLassen Trail - Lassen Rancho Site (approx. 9˝ miles away); Western Star Lodge No. 2 Free and Accepted Masons (approx. 10˝ miles away); Maywood Woman's Clubhouse (approx. 11 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Orland.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 4, 2021. It was originally submitted on May 3, 2021, by Craig Baker of Sylmar, California. This page has been viewed 37 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 3, 2021, by Craig Baker of Sylmar, California.