The Old Stone House
In 1854, Leander Reeve build a house of native lime stone. It remained a family home throughout the 1950s. After this, the empty house deteriorated until restored by “Friends Of The Old House“ in 1978-1985.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.
Erected 1979 by Candle-Stick Chapter NSDAR And Franklin County Historical Society.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1853.
Location. 42° 40.784′ N, 93° 9.945′ W. Marker is in Hampton, Iowa, in Franklin County. Marker is at the intersection of 110th Street (County Highway C47) and Raven Avenue, on the right when traveling east on 110th Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1801 110th St, Hampton IA 50441, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 4 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the
Credits. This page was last revised on May 7, 2021. It was originally submitted on May 5, 2021, by Lugnuts of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 29 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 5, 2021, by Lugnuts of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Mark Hilton was the editor who published this page.