Maumee in Lucas County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
C & O - Toledo Terminal / Center-Cupola Caboose No. 170
Built ca. 1925
Donated in 1973 by Melvin Bickel and moved by Company A, 983rd Battalion U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Railroads & Streetcars. A significant historical year for this entry is 1925.
Location. 41° 34.406′ N, 83° 38.297′ W. Marker is in Maumee, Ohio, in Lucas County. Marker can be reached from River Road 0.1 miles west of Farrer Drive, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1035 River Rd, Maumee OH 43537, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Gilbert-Flanigan Farmhouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Log House (within shouting distance of this marker); Greek Revival Townhouse (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Wolcott House (about 400 feet away); Fallen Timbers Battlefield and Fort Miamis National Historic Site (approx. 0.6 miles away); Fort Miamis (approx. 0.6 miles away); Dudley's Massacre (approx. 0.6 miles away); Letters From 1794 / A Strategic Location (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Maumee.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 11, 2021. It was originally submitted on May 7, 2021, by TeamOHE of Wauseon, Ohio. This page has been viewed 28 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on May 7, 2021, by TeamOHE of Wauseon, Ohio. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.