Lee in Madison County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Middle Florida Missionary Baptist Association / Macedonia Missionary Baptist Church
MIDDLE FLORIDA MISSIONARY BAPTIST ASSOCIATION
The Middle Florida Baptist Association was formed at Macedonia Church, November 9, 1900, by a group of churches formerly in The Florida Association. Reverend, J.T. Farnell was the First Moderator, and J.L. Rutherford, The First Clerk. Carl W. Burnett, a layman from Macedonia, served as Associational Clerk for 46 years, following 1921. The Association has ever dignified the layman in God's work, gave early encouragement to The Ladies' Missionary Societies, fostered cooperation among the churches, and sought to Glorify God.
(Continued on reverse side)
MACEDONIA MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH
For the Glory of God Macedonia Church was established as a Mission of Pine Grove Church, 1859. It first met in a log building near the southwest corner of the cemetery. Charter members of the church were: Manning, J. and Cynthia Williams, Henderson M. and Mary Frier, Elias and Emoline Pert, Georgia Ann Hudson, and Sarah Cornett. The Assisting Elders were Ryan and Henderson Frier. It sponsored the organization of Faith Church, 1964. Always scripturally sound and busy in Missionary out-reach,
(Continued on reverse side)
Erected 1973 by The Macedonia Church and The Middle Florida Baptist Association in cooperation with The Madison County Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical date for this entry is November 9, 1900.
Location. 30° 26.625′ N, 83° 20.015′ W. Marker is in Lee, Florida, in Madison County. Marker is at the intersection of U.S. 90 and Northeast Macedonia Church Road, on the right when traveling west on U.S. 90. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 5539 East US 90, Lee FL 32059, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Ellaville Post Office (approx. 4.7 miles away); The Florida Manufacturing Company (approx. 4.9 miles away); Steam Engine of the Florida Manufacturing Company (approx. 4.9 miles away); St. Johns Seminary of Learning (approx. 4.9 miles away); Captain Colin P. Kelly, Jr. (approx. 5 miles away); Captain Richard G. Bradford (approx. 5 miles away); W.T. Davis Building (approx. 5 miles away); Seminole Indian War Blockhouse (approx. 5 miles away).
Also see . . . Macedonia Church Cemetery Find a Grave. (Submitted on May 11, 2021, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida.)
Credits. This page was last revised on May 19, 2021. It was originally submitted on May 11, 2021, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. This page has been viewed 65 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 11, 2021, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide view photo of the marker and the surrounding area in context. • Can you help?