Detroit in Wayne County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
L. B. King and Company Building
Erected 1989 by Bureau of History, Michigan Department of State. (Marker Number L1376.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Industry & Commerce. In addition, it is included in the Michigan Historical Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1911.
Location. 42° 20.076′ N, 83° 2.842′ W. Marker is in Detroit, Michigan, in Wayne County. Marker is at the intersection of Library Street and Grand River Avenue, on the right when traveling west on Library Street. Touch for map. Marker Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Statue of Abraham Lincoln (within shouting distance of this marker); Parker's Alley (within shouting distance of this marker); Henry the Hatter (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Vernor's Ginger Ale (about 500 feet away); The Harmonie Club (about 600 feet away); Germantown / The Harmonie Club (about 600 feet away); Detroit's Underground Railway Station (approx. 0.2 miles away); Finney Barn (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Detroit.
Also see . . . L. B. King and Company Building. Exerpt:
After graduation, King joined his father's crockery and glassware firm, which had been founded in 1849. He rose through the ranks to become president of the company in 1907, by which time the company was specializing as a china wholesaler.(Submitted on May 12, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan.)
Credits. This page was last revised on May 12, 2021. It was originally submitted on May 12, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. This page has been viewed 96 times since then and 42 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on May 12, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. • Mark Hilton was the editor who published this page.