Canton in Wayne County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Erected 1987 by Bureau of History, Michigan Department of State. (Marker Number L1238.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Education • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Michigan Historical Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1825.
Location. 42° 16.423′ N, 83° 28.744′ W. Marker is in Canton, Michigan, in Wayne County. Marker is on Michigan Avenue 0.1 miles west of Artley Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 44649 Michigan Ave, Canton MI 48188, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this Territorial Road (approx. 0.2 miles away); Downer Cemetery (approx. 1.8 miles away); Canton Center School (approx. 1.9 miles away); Cherry Hill Village (approx. 3.7 miles away); Cherry Hill United Methodist Church (approx. 3.7 miles away); The Historic Cady Barn (approx. 3.7 miles away); Cherry Hill School (approx. 3.7 miles away); Palmer Shed (approx. 3.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Canton.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 17, 2021. It was originally submitted on May 13, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. This page has been viewed 36 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on May 13, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. • Mark Hilton was the editor who published this page.