Byron in Contra Costa County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
This township was famous for shipping more hay than any other station in California at the turn of the century.
Dedicated to the early pioneers and settlers of this community.
Dedicated September 19, 1987
Joaquin Murrieta Chapter 13
E Clampus Vitus
Erected 1987 by Joaquin Murrieta Chapter 13, E Clampus Vitus.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Notable Places • Railroads & Streetcars. In addition, it is included in the E Clampus Vitus series list.
Location. 37° 52.189′ N, 121° 38.478′ W. Marker is in Byron, California, in Contra Costa County. Marker is on Main Street near Holway Drive, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Byron CA 94514, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are John and Abby Marsh (approx. 4.6 miles away); Site of Historic Brentwood Hotel (approx. 5.2 miles away); Byer/Nail House (approx. 6 miles away); Mountain House School (approx. 6.7 miles away); Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (approx. 13.1 miles away); July 4, Anno Domini, 1951 (approx. 13.3 miles away); The Woman's Club of Antioch (approx. 13.7 miles away); Birthplace of Antioch (approx. 13.8 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 25, 2009, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 1,437 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 25, 2009, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. 4, 5. submitted on December 31, 2009, by Pamela Munkelt of Byron, California. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.