Angleton in Brazoria County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
1895 Brazoria County Courthouse Column
This stone is an original column from the 1895 Brazoria County Courthouse located in Brazoria, Texas.
Column donated by Mr. A. T. "Tom" Covert in memory of his beloved wife Georgia
City of Angleton Centennial Time Capsule
1892 - 1992
Placed May 15, 1992
To be opened May 15, 2042
Erected 1992 by City of Angleton, Texas.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1892.
Location. 29° 10.126′ N, 95° 25.914′ W. Marker is in Angleton, Texas, in Brazoria County. Marker is on North Velasco Street, on the right when traveling north. This marker sits on the west lawn of the Brazoria County Courthouse, very near and parallel to the sidewalk along North Velasco Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Angleton TX 77515, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Robert J. Calder (here, next to this marker); The Brazos Lighthouse (a few steps from this marker); Brazoria County Ring Of Honor (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Brazoria County CourthouseTexas Sesquicentennial 1836-1986 (within shouting distance of this marker); Sugar Kettle (within shouting distance of this marker); Angleton Independent School District (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Sweeny Home (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Angleton.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 17, 2021. It was originally submitted on May 15, 2021, by Chris Kneupper of Brazoria, Texas. This page has been viewed 36 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 15, 2021, by Chris Kneupper of Brazoria, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.