Near Perry in Wyoming County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
on this site ca. 1836.
School closed 1958. Became
Harold Altoft Museum 1973
until moved to Silver Lake
Pioneer Association 1998.
Erected 2020 by William G. Pomeroy Foundation. (Marker Number 779.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Education. A significant historical year for this entry is 1836.
Location. 42° 48.107′ N, 78° 0.862′ W. Marker is near Perry, New York, in Wyoming County. Marker is on LaGrange Road west of Perry Road (New York State Route 246), on the right when traveling west. Located across from the LaGrange Baptist Church. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Perry NY 14530, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First Congregational Church of Perry Center (approx. 3.7 miles away); First Presbyterian Church (approx. 4.2 miles away); In Memory of those Soldiers (approx. 4.2 miles away); 1837 Cobblestone (approx. 4.4 miles away); One Room School (approx. 5 miles away); To Honor All Veterans Who Sacrificed Their Lives (approx. 5.1 miles away); In Honor of Citizens Who Served in the World War (approx. 5.1 miles away); Town of Pavilion (approx. 5.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Perry.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 28, 2021. It was originally submitted on May 23, 2021, by Bruce Kelly of Perry, New York. This page has been viewed 34 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on May 23, 2021, by Bruce Kelly of Perry, New York. • Michael Herrick was the editor who published this page.