New Smyrna Beach in Volusia County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Connor Library
The Connor Library
Founded by Washington E. Connor and
Jeanette Thurber Connor on October 1, 1901
and donated to the City May 9, 1924.
The Connor Library raised the level of
literacy and learning and taught
generations of children the joy of reading.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. A significant historical date for this entry is October 1, 1901.
Location. 29° 1.629′ N, 80° 55.458′ W. Marker is in New Smyrna Beach, Florida, in Volusia County. Marker is at the intersection of Faulkner Street and Washington Street, on the right when traveling south on Faulkner Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 301 Faulkner Street, New Smyrna Beach FL 32168, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Dr. Andrew Turnbull (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); To the Past... (about 500 feet away); Anniversary of Shelling by Union Gunboats (about 800 feet away); Site of Sheldon's New Smyrna Hotel (approx. 0.2 miles away); New Smyrna Museum Of History 1768 British Colony of New Smyrna (approx. 0.2 miles away); Emory L. Bennett Park (approx. 0.2 miles away); Turnbull Canal (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Smyrna Beach.
Also see . . . Connor Library | Florida Stories. Pictorial slideshow with audio about the library and the philanthropist behind it. (Submitted on May 24, 2021, by Duane Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee.)
Credits. This page was last revised on May 24, 2021. It was originally submitted on May 24, 2021, by Duane Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 40 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 24, 2021, by Duane Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee.