Village of Lake George in Warren County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Old Court House
Sept. 1813 - 1963.
Built in 1845, now
home of Lake George
Erected by New York State Education Department.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Government & Politics.
Location. 43° 25.567′ N, 73° 42.733′ W. Marker is in Village of Lake George, New York, in Warren County. Marker is on Canada Street (U.S. 9), on the right when traveling north. The Court House is located on the corner of Canada Street (US Route 9) and Lower Amherst Street towards the north end of the Lake George Village. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lake George NY 12845, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Lake George War Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Sunken Fleet (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Ethan Allen tour boat tragedy (about 300 feet away); Lake House (about 400 feet away); Montcalm's Camp (approx. Warship Row (approx. ¼ mile away); Lake George (approx. ¼ mile away); Northwest Bastion (approx. 0.4 miles away).
Regarding Old Court House. The Court House is also the home of the Lake George Arts Project.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 27, 2009, by John Farrell of Lake George, New York. This page has been viewed 633 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 27, 2009, by John Farrell of Lake George, New York. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.