Greenwood Springs in Monroe County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Monroe County Created 1815
Erected 1976 by Monroe County Bicentennial Committee.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Settlements & Settlers • Waterways & Vessels. A significant historical date for this entry is June 20, 1815.
Location. Marker is missing. It was located near 33° 53.22′ N, 88° 18.49′ W. Marker was in Greenwood Springs, Mississippi, in Monroe County. Marker could be reached from U.S. 278 east of Splunge Road, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker was at or near this postal address: 50005 Splunge Rd, Greenwood Springs MS 38848, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this location, measured as the crow flies. Wise's Gap 1816 (approx. 1.7 miles away); Splunge Free Will Baptist Church (approx. 5.3 miles away); Center Point Church (approx. 5.8 miles away); Athens (approx. 7.8 miles away); Birth of Sulligent The Ogden House (approx. 10.1 miles away in Alabama); John Hollis Bankhead (approx. 10.7 miles away in Alabama); Becker Post Office (approx. 11.8 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on May 27, 2021. It was originally submitted on May 25, 2021, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 38 times since then. Photos: 1. submitted on May 25, 2021. 2. submitted on May 27, 2021. 3, 4. submitted on May 25, 2021, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.