Ellaville in Schley County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Ellaville History Wall
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1873.
Location. 32° 14.261′ N, 84° 18.439′ W. Marker is in Ellaville, Georgia, in Schley County. Marker is on South Wilson Street just south of Oglethorpe Street (Georgia Route 26), on the right when traveling south. Marker and mural are located on the Ellaville History Wall. Touch for map. Marker Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Greene's Dairy (here, next to this marker); Stevens Cotton Gin (here, next to this marker); The Ellaville Depot (here, next to this marker); Ellaville High School (here, next to this marker); Ellaville High School Schley County High School (a few steps from this marker); The Peacock Hotel (a few steps from this marker); Suwannee Store (a few steps from this marker); Gill Drug Company (a few steps from this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ellaville.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. Ellaville History Wall
Also see . . . Hill's Mill. (This link presents historic and current photos of the mill.) It is located in the Concord Community, about 8 miles north of Ellaville, just off of Highway 240. The land where the mill still stands today was in the Hill family since before Slaughter Hill sold the land to Louis & Elbert Hill (1873). Slaughter, Louis, and Elbert were all brothers, sons of Archibald Hill & Samantha Barfield Hill of Taylor County. (Submitted on May 29, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Credits. This page was last revised on May 30, 2021. It was originally submitted on May 29, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 68 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on May 29, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.