Ellaville in Schley County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Ellaville Depot
Ellaville History Wall
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Railroads & Streetcars. A significant historical year for this entry is 1929.
Location. 32° 14.259′ N, 84° 18.439′ W. Marker is in Ellaville, Georgia, in Schley County. Marker is on South Wilson Street just south of Oglethorpe Street (Georgia Route 26), on the right when traveling south. Marker and mural are located on the Ellaville History Wall. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 55 South Wilson Street, Ellaville GA 31806, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Greene's Dairy (here, next to this marker); Ellaville High School (here, next to this marker); Hill's MillEllaville High School • Schley County High School (here, next to this marker); Stevens Cotton Gin (here, next to this marker); The Peacock Hotel (here, next to this marker); Suwannee Store (a few steps from this marker); Gill Drug Company (a few steps from this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ellaville.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. Ellaville History Wall
Also see . . . Ellaville. Railroad transportation came to Ellaville in 1884. The "Buena Vista and Ellaville" line limped along with little success until it was taken over by the Central of Georgia Railway and connected to points along the larger system. (Submitted on May 29, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Credits. This page was last revised on May 30, 2021. It was originally submitted on May 29, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 45 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on May 29, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.