Near Robertson in Uinta County, Wyoming — The American West (Mountains)
Site of Fort Supply
Established in November, 1853, by Captain John Nebeker and Captain Isaac Bullock who located here with a number of Latter Day Saints. This was the first place in Wyoming where land was irrigated.
The site was given to Wyoming by Anton Hansen
Abandoned in 1857.
Erected 1937 by The Historical Landmark Commission of Wyoming.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Agriculture • Forts and Castles • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Mormon Pioneer Trail series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1853.
Location. 41° 10.018′ N, 110° 26.265′ W. Marker is near Robertson, Wyoming, in Uinta County. Marker is on County Road 274 just west of County Road 281, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Robertson WY 82944, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Charcoal Kilns (approx. 10.1 miles away); Town of Piedmont (approx. 10.2 miles away); The Carter Cemetery (approx. 10.6 miles Commanding Officer's Quarters. (approx. 10.7 miles away); a different marker also named Commanding Officer's Quarters. (approx. 10.7 miles away); Fort Bridger: A Trading Post (approx. 10.7 miles away); Mormon Occupation (approx. 10.7 miles away); Women at the Trading Post (approx. 10.7 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on June 4, 2021. It was originally submitted on May 29, 2021, by Jacob Oscarson of Salt Lake City, Utah. This page has been viewed 108 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 29, 2021, by Jacob Oscarson of Salt Lake City, Utah. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.