Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Northville in Wayne County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Cady Inn

 
 
Cady Inn Marker image. Click for full size.
By J.T. Lambrou, April 10, 2021
1. Cady Inn Marker
Inscription.  Oh, the stories this building could tell.
Built in 1831 in the style of a New England tavern, its long service included many years as a stagecoach stop and as an apartment house. Since its move to Mill Race in 1987, it has housed the office and archives of the Northville Historical Society. It is available to rent for receptions and meetings.
 
Erected by Northville Historical Society.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1831.
 
Location. 42° 25.977′ N, 83° 28.768′ W. Marker is in Northville, Michigan, in Wayne County. Located on the grounds of the Mill Race Historical Village. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 215 Griswold St, Northville MI 48167, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. J.M. Mead General Store (here, next to this marker); Interurban Station (a few steps from this marker); Hirsch Blacksmith Shop (a few steps from this marker); Wash Oak School (within shouting distance of this marker); Mill Race Historical Village
Cady Inn Marker image. Click for full size.
By J.T. Lambrou, April 10, 2021
2. Cady Inn Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
(within shouting distance of this marker); Weavers Cottage (within shouting distance of this marker); New School Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Hunter House (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Northville.
 
Also see . . .  The Cady Inn. Excerpt:
The Cady Inn was built around 1831. It was moved to the village from Cady Street in Northville in 1987. Cady Street was named for Daniel L. Cady, one of the earliest residents of Northville. According to local lore, this building was used as an Inn and a stagecoach stop. Prior to 1860, the main southern entrance to town was by way of the Cady Street Bridge.
(Submitted on May 29, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan.) 
 
Mill Race image. Click for full size.
By J.T. Lambrou, April 10, 2021
3. Mill Race
Cady Inn was added to the Mill Race Historic Village in 1987.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on May 29, 2021. It was originally submitted on May 29, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. This page has been viewed 47 times since then. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on May 29, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. • Mark Hilton was the editor who published this page.

Share This Page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=174192

Paid Advertisement
Jun. 16, 2021