Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Concord in Contra Costa County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
 

Neustaedter House

 
 
Neustaedter House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Andrew Ruppenstein, March 22, 2009
1. Neustaedter House Marker
Inscription.  
Concord Historical Landmark
Built in 1906 by L.V. Perry

 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1906.
 
Location. 37° 58.766′ N, 122° 2.072′ W. Marker is in Concord, California, in Contra Costa County. Marker is on Grant Street near Pacheco Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2156 Grant Street, Concord CA 94520, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Bibber House (a few steps from this marker); Alves House (within shouting distance of this marker); Bolla House (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Elworthy House (about 700 feet away); Barnett House (approx. 0.2 miles away); About Don Salvio Pacheco (approx. 0.2 miles away); Dedicated to the Founders of Todos Santos (approx. 0.2 miles away); County Fire House (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Concord.
 
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
Neustaedter House (Constructed 1906) image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Andrew Ruppenstein, March 22, 2009
2. Neustaedter House (Constructed 1906)
According to the Concord Historical Society's Historical Walking Tour Guide, "Built in 1906 by L.V. Perry for Barney Neustaedter, the prosperous owner of early Concord's "Pioneer Store," the simple wood-beam exterior belies its detailed, richly appointed interior. It remained in the family until acquired and restored by contractor James Galton. In 1988 it was resold and remains a private residence".
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 28, 2009, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Lamorinda, California. This page has been viewed 1,098 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on March 28, 2009, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Lamorinda, California. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=17422

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 21, 2024