Downtown Detroit in Wayne County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
712 Cass Avenue
Has Been Placed On The
Of Historic Places
By the United States
Department Of The Interior
Erected 2005 by United States Department of the Interior.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Fraternal or Sororal Organizations. A significant historical year for this entry is 1892.
Location. 42° 19.778′ N, 83° 3.056′ W. Marker is in Detroit, Michigan, in Wayne County. It is in Downtown Detroit. Marker is at the intersection of Cass Avenue and West Fort Street, on the right when traveling north on Cass Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 712 Cass Ave, Detroit MI 48226, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Comerica Incorporated (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Fort Lernoult (about 600 feet away); General Casimir Pulaski (about 700 feet away); Chicago Road (about 700 feet away); James A. Bailey (about 800 feet away); State Savings Bank The Detroit News (approx. 0.2 miles away); Detroit Free Press (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Detroit.
Also see . . . Detroit Club History. Excerpt:
Shortly after opening the club on Lafayette, the private social club recruited one hundred additional businessmen to join, including the founder of the Michigan Telephone Company, Hugh McMillan, and a former Michigan Governor, Russell A. Alger.(Submitted on May 31, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan.)
Credits. This page was last revised on February 12, 2023. It was originally submitted on May 31, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. This page has been viewed 110 times since then and 29 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on May 31, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. • Mark Hilton was the editor who published this page.