Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Northville in Wayne County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Weavers Cottage

 
 
Weavers Cottage Marker image. Click for full size.
By J.T. Lambrou, April 10, 2021
1. Weavers Cottage Marker
Inscription.  Over the years, 430 North Center Street held the memories of many families.
It was built in 1889 in the Victorian Cottage style. In 1976, to make way for a parking lot and small office plaza on the site, the house was moved to Mill Race Historical Village. It is now the studio for the Mill Race Weavers Guild.
 
Erected by Northville Historical Society.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1889.
 
Location. 42° 26′ N, 83° 28.783′ W. Marker is in Northville, Michigan, in Wayne County. Marker can be reached from Griswold Street 0.2 miles north of East Main Street. Located in the Mill Race Historical Village. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 215 Griswold St, Northville MI 48167, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Mill Race Historical Village (a few steps from this marker); New School Church (a few steps from this marker); Hunter House (a few steps from this marker); Wash Oak School (within shouting distance of this marker); The Gazebo
Weavers Cottage Marker image. Click for full size.
By J.T. Lambrou, April 10, 2021
2. Weavers Cottage Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
(within shouting distance of this marker); Outhouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Hirsch Blacksmith Shop (within shouting distance of this marker); J.M. Mead General Store (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Northville.
 
Also see . . .  The Weavers' Cottage. Excerpt:
This Greek Revival Victorian Cottage was built in 1889 on the east side of Center Street between Lake and Rayson. The cottage was home to the Sessions family in the 1920s and later housed Morse Dairy hired hands, until it was threatened with demolition in 1976...
(Submitted on June 1, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan.) 
 
Mill Race image. Click for full size.
By J.T. Lambrou, April 10, 2021
3. Mill Race
The cottage was moved to the Mill Race Historical Village in 1976 for preservation.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 2, 2021. It was originally submitted on June 1, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. This page has been viewed 14 times since then. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on June 1, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. • Mark Hilton was the editor who published this page.

Share This Page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=174354

Paid Advertisement
Jun. 18, 2021