DeKalb in St. Lawrence County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Settled June 12,1803 by
settlers from Otsego County
led by Judge William Cooper.
Also known as Williamstown
or Cooper's Village.
Erected by Town of DeKalb.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical date for this entry is June 12, 1803.
Location. 44° 30.124′ N, 75° 20.56′ W. Marker is in DeKalb, New York, in St. Lawrence County. Marker is on New York State Route 812 north of County Route 17, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: De Kalb Junction NY 13630, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. War of 1812 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Cooper’s Rock (approx. 0.4 miles away); The St. Lawrence Plain (approx. 2˝ miles away); DeKalb Junction (approx. 3.4 miles away); Rensselaer Falls War Memorial (approx. 6.3 miles away); Helen Rich (approx. 6.6 miles away); Richville Village (approx. 6.8 miles away); Curtis Homestead (approx. 6.8 miles away).
Also see . . .
1. The Historian's Office, Town of De Kalb, NY (Submitted on June 3, 2021, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.)
2. De Kalb, New York (Wikipedia). (Submitted on June 3, 2021, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 3, 2021. It was originally submitted on June 3, 2021, by Robert Rusaw of Massena, New York. This page has been viewed 30 times since then. Photo 1. submitted on June 3, 2021, by Robert Rusaw of Massena, New York. • Michael Herrick was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide view photo of the marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?