Geronimo in Guadalupe County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Outgrowth of mission work by the Rev. J.A. Kypfer and the Rev. T.G. Muelder. Organized on Jan. 18, at Frankfort School, Dietz, and constituted March 1, 1896, near Barbarossa, at Specht's School. J.C. Herrmann was president; J.R. Feigerle, secretary; and J.C. Stautzenberger, treasurer. Designed by Jacob Kiefer; built in 1904, church was dedicated on March 25, 1905, during pastorate of the Rev. C.R. Hempel. Modified Gothic Architecture.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark -1970
Marker in Memory of Herbert H. Schriewer Given by Mrs. Schriewer and children
Erected 1970 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 2062.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Churches & Religion. A significant historical date for this entry is March 1, 1896.
Location. 29° 40.176′ N, 98° 0.165′ W. Marker is in Geronimo, Texas, in Guadalupe County. Marker is at the intersection of Friedens Church Road (County Highway 107) and Barbarosa Road (County Highway 107A), on the left when traveling west on Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2555 Friedens Church Road, Geronimo TX 78115, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Lone Oak Cemetery (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Site of Dietz Community (approx. 2.7 miles away); Jose Antonio Navarro Ranch (approx. 2.9 miles away); Clear Spring Hall and Store (approx. 3˝ miles away); New Braunfels (approx. 6.1 miles away); Comal County (approx. 6.1 miles away); Church Hill School Building (approx. 6.3 miles away); Near River Crossing Used by New Braunfels' First Settlers (approx. 6˝ miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on June 6, 2021. It was originally submitted on June 6, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 42 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on June 6, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.