Fairmont in Marion County, West Virginia — The American South (Appalachia)
Marion County Courthouse
On March 12, 1897, the demolition of the first courthouse commenced, and the current building was completed by 1900. The architectural firm of Yost and Packard of Columbus, Ohio, designed this Beaux Arts style building. The building underwent renovations in 1960, 1977, 1987 and 2003.
Erected by Frontiers to Mountaineers Heritage Tourism. Made possible in part by Preservation Alliance of West Virginia and the Benedum Foundation.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical month for this entry is March 1819.
Location. 39° 29.088′ N, 80° 8.589′ W. Marker is in Fairmont, West Virginia Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fairmont WV 26554, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fairmont (a few steps from this marker); Veterans Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Boaz Fleming (within shouting distance of this marker); The Original Dunbar School (within shouting distance of this marker); Sheriff's House (within shouting distance of this marker); High-Level / Million Dollar Robert H. Mollohan Bridge (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); A. Brooks Fleming House (about 400 feet away); Veterans Square (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fairmont.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 8, 2021. It was originally submitted on August 5, 2009, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. This page has been viewed 1,056 times since then and 29 times this year. Last updated on June 7, 2021, by Bradley Owen of Morgantown, West Virginia. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on August 5, 2009, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. 5. submitted on August 8, 2009, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. 6. submitted on August 5, 2009, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. 7. submitted on June 7, 2021, by Bradley Owen of Morgantown, West Virginia. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.