Lampasas in Lampasas County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Built soon after Civil War. At first was 2-room, 2-story stagecoach stand and hotel. During 1870's was enlarged twice, to board visitors of the local health resort. Also has been a tannery, and has survived two floods of Sulfur Creek.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1966
Erected 1966 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 2398.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1966.
Location. 31° 3.846′ N, 98° 10.708′ W. Marker is in Lampasas, Texas, in Lampasas County. Marker is at the intersection of South Western Avenue and East 5th Street, on the left when traveling south on South Western Avenue. The marker is located on the front wall of the house toward the right side. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 511 South Western Avenue, Lampasas TX 76550, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First State Meeting of the Daughters of the Republic of Texas (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Horrell-Higgins FeudLampasas County Veterans Memorial (about 500 feet away); Lampasas County Courthouse (about 600 feet away); Gunfight at the Lampasas Saloon (about 600 feet away); Phillips and Trosper Buildings (about 600 feet away); Lampasas County (about 600 feet away); Reynolds Building (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lampasas.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 18, 2021. It was originally submitted on June 18, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 200 times since then and 68 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on June 18, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.