New Lebanon in Montgomery County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Charles F. Shimp
dedicated in the name
Charles F. Shimp
who was the last charter member
of the New Lebanon
March 26, 1946 - September 27, 1981
Stonework by Don Rusk
September 27, 1981
Erected 1981 by New Lebanon Rotary Club.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Charity & Public Work • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations. A significant historical month for this entry is March 1880.
Location. 39° 44.544′ N, 84° 24.313′ W. Marker is in New Lebanon, Ohio, in Montgomery County. Marker is on Fuls Road, on the right when traveling south. Marker is at entrance to Don Rusk Park, across Fuls Road from Dixie Middle School. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 320 S Fuls Road, New Lebanon OH 45345, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Dayton Western Turnpike Milestone (approx. Ό mile away); Slifers Presbyterian Church (approx. 3 miles away); Farmersville Fire Department Memorial (approx. 4.3 miles Farmersville War Memorial (approx. 5 miles away); Winter Zellar (Zero) Swartsel (approx. 5.1 miles away); Germantown Dam (approx. 7.2 miles away); "Battlefield Cross" (approx. 7.2 miles away); Joseph Justin Heltsley (approx. 7.2 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on January 21, 2020. It was originally submitted on April 2, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 811 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 2, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.