Hamilton in Hamilton County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Methodist Church Bell
This bell was cast in 1856 by the Meneely Company of West Troy, New York. It was salvaged from a church in Pennsylvania, restored and purchased in 2004 to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the founding of the Methodist congregation of Hamilton, Texas.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1856.
Location. 31° 42.269′ N, 98° 7.572′ W. Marker is in Hamilton, Texas, in Hamilton County. Marker is at the intersection of West Main Street (State Highway 36) and North Taylor Street, on the right when traveling west on West Main Street. The marker is located on the southwest corner of the Methodist Church property. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 215 West Main Street, Hamilton TX 76531, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. United Methodist Church (a few steps from this marker); Col. George R. Freeman (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); St. Mary’s Church (about 400 feet away); Historic Leon River Bridge (about 500 feet Knights of Pythias Lodge Hall (about 500 feet away); Hamilton Bank and Trust Company (about 700 feet away); James Drugstore (about 700 feet away); Rice-Eidson Building (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hamilton.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 22, 2021. It was originally submitted on June 22, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 60 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 22, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.