Lampasas in Lampasas County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Santa Fe syndicate (builder of this depot) operated the Mule-Drawn Streetcar - 1880's to turn of century. The syndicate was bringing guests to park hotel, near Mineral Springs in Hancock Park. Syndicate ads all over the U.S. promoted Lampasas as "Saratoga of the South".
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Railroads & Streetcars.
Location. 31° 4.012′ N, 98° 10.716′ W. Marker is in Lampasas, Texas, in Lampasas County. Marker is at the intersection of East 2nd Street and South Live Oak Street, on the left when traveling east on East 2nd Street. The marker is located on the southwest corner of the Santa Fe Depot building. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 501 West 2nd Street, Lampasas TX 76550, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Santa Fe Depot, (within shouting distance of this marker); Keystone Hotel, (within shouting distance of this marker); Reynolds Building (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Little Hotel (about Near Site of Organization of Texas Bankers Association (about 500 feet away); Manuel Hardware Building (about 500 feet away); Hanna Springs (about 500 feet away); Phillips and Trosper Buildings (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lampasas.
Regarding Mule-Drawn Streetcar. The marker has a record in the Atlas Texas Historical Map Site but no data or number was identified with the record.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 23, 2021. It was originally submitted on June 23, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 113 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on June 23, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.