Old Lake House
Old Lake House
Erected by Judge Charles F. Lott in 1870 in connection with the diversion of the lake water to his mine at Gravel Range. This monument was built for his daughter, Cornelia Lott Sank by her husband, and the rock is from the fireplace of the lake house.
Erected 1936 by Native Daughters of the Golden West, Florence Boyle Grand President.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Places. In addition, it is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1870.
Location. 40° 1.217′ N, 121° 23.517′ W. Marker is near Tobin, California, in Plumas County. This marker is in the mountains south of Lotts Lake and not really associated with any roads. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Belden CA 95915, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Eby Stamp Mill (approx. 7˝ miles away); Feather River Highway (approx. 7˝ miles away); Belden Pacific Crest Trail (approx. 7.6 miles away); Inskip Hotel (approx. 8.2 miles away); Katie Thompson – Mattie Thompson – Josie Campbell (approx. 9.4 miles away); Rich Bar (approx. 10.6 miles away); Stirling City (approx. 10.8 miles away).
More about this marker. The marker is on private land.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 28, 2021. It was originally submitted on June 26, 2021, by James King of San Miguel, California. This page has been viewed 59 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 26, 2021, by James King of San Miguel, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.