Community Well, Pump House, and Watering Trough
The old Train Station, which became a U.S. Post Office in 1974, can be seen to the far right. Glyndon street signs, like this Railroad Avenue sign, were in place 1988-2016.
This marker created 2016 by Historic Glyndon, Inc.
Erected 2016 by Historic Glyndon, Inc.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Charity & Public Work • Railroads & Streetcars. A significant historical month for this entry is October 1915.
Location. 39° 28.488′ N, 76° 49.158′ W. Marker is
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Glyndon Station (within shouting distance of this marker); Glyndon (approx. 0.2 miles away); Emory Grove (approx. 0.3 miles away); “Buffalo Soldiers” (approx. 0.9 miles away); Colonel William Norris (approx. one mile away); John and Margaret Reister (approx. one mile away); Oldest High School in Baltimore County (approx. one mile away); Nicholson’s Manor (approx. 1˝ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Glyndon.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 3, 2021. It was originally submitted on June 29, 2021, by Adam Margolis of Mission Viejo, California. This page has been viewed 172 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 29, 2021, by Adam Margolis of Mission Viejo, California. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.