Columbus in Colorado County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Brick Stone House
Owned and occupied 1850-67 by Thomas W. Harris, a physician from Virginia. Bought by William and Mary Pinchback (1867), Kasper Vogel (1875), Bertha Wagner (1878), and still owned by Wagner heirs. Since 1912 store has housed Fehrenkamp grocery.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1973
Erected 1973 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 505.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1912.
Location. 29° 42.396′ N, 96° 32.44′ W. Marker is in Columbus, Texas, in Colorado County. Marker is at the intersection of Milam Street and Walnut Street (U.S. 90), on the left when traveling north on Milam Street. The marker is located in front of the building by the street on the corner. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1038 Milam Street, Columbus TX 78934, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Columbus State Bank (within shouting distance of this marker); Brunson Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Colorado County (within shouting William Menefee (within shouting distance of this marker); Colorado County Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Ehrenwerth-Ramsey-Untermeyer Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Rosenfield Building (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); 1890 Cornerstone Ceremony (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Columbus.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 7, 2021. It was originally submitted on July 6, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 132 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on July 6, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. 2, 3. submitted on July 7, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.