Henderson Tin Shop
— Historic Brookville —
Greek Revival style commercial building which was the only building on this block to survive the Fire of 1876. Built as the tinware and stove shop of Judge Joseph Henderson (1814-1896). His residence still stands immediately to the left of the shop.
Erected by Historic Brookville, Inc.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1860.
Location. 41° 9.636′ N, 79° 4.912′ W. Marker is in Brookville, Pennsylvania, in Jefferson County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (U.S. 322) and Barnett Street, on the right when traveling east on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 295 Main Street, Brookville PA 15825, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Auto Service Station & Hilton's Diner (here, next to this marker); Baker Buick Co. Building (a few steps from this marker); Main Street (within shouting distance of this marker); W.F. Clark Bank Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Darrah-Corbet House (within shouting
Also see . . . Brookville PA National Register Historic District Nomination. (Submitted on July 7, 2021, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on July 9, 2021. It was originally submitted on July 7, 2021, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 28 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 7, 2021, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.